10.18.2009

Oh yeah....I got a tatoo...

I already posted about my aMAZing trip to Nashville for the ZOE conference

I didn't really get a chance to talk about my NEW TATTOO! =]

The christian tattoo place in downtown Nashville that has become an annual part of the ZOE experience!

I almost didn't get it. I really wanted it and have really been thinking about this tattoo for years (even before I had kids). But, I wanted it to be my writing and I wanted to love it, obviously. I spent over an hour working on the perfect font, and finally got it right before the place was about to close.

My tattoo artist, Jay, was amazing! He was done in less than 2 minutes (thank goodness, because it DID NOT feel good)

I am in love with it. Just the word Faith holds so much meaning to me, not just because I have named my daughter that. The ironic thing was that over at the conference, there was a brief talk about wearing the mark of Jesus and if everyone would get one word of the bible tattooed on themselves, which word would it be? I found mine.

I also love it because it reminds me of the experience I had over the weekend. Six of us on the trip got tattoos, and it's an experience I will obviously share with them for life. I was honored to be a part of their experience and grateful that they were there for mine.


Sarah, me, Kierstyn, Vicki, Teresa, and Chris


A few more pictures....


Showing Jay where to place the tattoo. He almost put it upside down. I don't care if anyone else can read it, it's for me to see!


"Mine was licked on by kittens!" LOL
Not so much....IT KILLED


Sweet Sarah trying to talk to me and keep my mind off the pain...

Now I have to decide if I am going to get 'Caleb' tattooed somewhere soon so I won't feel like a terrible parent! ha

1 comment:

Emily said...

Girl, you totally rock! I've thought about a tatoo for like 10 years. But, I'm such a chicken (for one), and like you said, I want it to be just the perfect thing! And, well, I haven't figured that out yet.
Way to go! I'm so happy you are thrilled with it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails