I was going to start this post off by saying I really have nothing exciting to talk about, but I love The Random Dozen series and have yet to participate! In actuality, I have a lot going on, some of it I can't talk about, and the rest you probably don't want to hear about. Either way - here it is. Random things you don't care to know about me, but are going to find out anyway:
1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
My hands. I have extremely masculine hands that I used to go to great lengths to hide. I never wear polish to draw attention to them, used to cover them up whenever possible. Now, I'm over it.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
I love Debra Jo Rupp, or 'Kitty' from That 70's show. I fell in love with her when she played Alice on Friends, and she is hilarious in both roles. I love that she's sweet, is always cooking, but tries so hard to be a cool mom!
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I can speak Spanglish. That used to be Spanish when I took it in High School, but has evolved to Spanglish as my memory has gone...
4. Who is your personal hero?
Right now, I would have to say my husband. He has taken on an incredible amount of responsibility lately, has been working SO hard, and still manages to be a great dad, a wonderful husband, and a loyal friend. I can't say that about many people.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
Um, anything that is made by Grandma King. If she makes it, I wanna eat it. But sweets are particularly hard for me to resist, especially when they're in the form of chocolate chip cookies.
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
All the ornaments on my tree from past students, I will treasure them forever.
7. How do you feel about snow?
I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I actually despise it about 90% of the time. I love the beauty of it, and I love playing in it with my kids (and sledding is a favorite), but I wish it would just come around when I want it to - which is hardly ever.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
Probably about 5. This is why I nap so much. I can't function on 5 hours of sleep.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
Oh man. The first one I remember was Shawn Hamilton....and whenever I think of him, I think of how I got in BIG trouble for writing on the bleachers in black marker at recess 'I love Shawn Hamilton' and had to wash it out with soap and water....while the entire class watched. (Also one of my most embarrassing moments).
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
First, I would doodle. (I'm a doodle-er). Then, let's be honest....I'd probably make TO-DO lists. How lame am I?
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Usually forecast. I am starting to smarten up and bring a sweater with me. I'm always cold.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
While You Were Sleeping (that counts right?). There is a great debate in our household about which is the better classic: Christmas Vacation or The Christmas Story....The hubs grew up watching Chevy Chase, and I grew up quoting lines about a red rider bb gun. We've yet to settle it.