12.01.2009

The nightmare before Christmas

Twas the month before Christmas and all through the house
Nothing was going right, not even my spouse!
The stockings were hung by the TV with care,
Only to see them fall again and nearly make me swear!





The children were running all over the place,
A result of smoothie desserts from dinner replaced.
Mama in her cleaning wear, Faith with her reindeer antlers,
Were just settling in for a scene that rarely occurs.





When out from the living room there arose such a clatter
I ran from the kitchen to see what was the matter.
The fourth attempt at Christmas lights was alas no good
You'd throw a fit too, if you understood.


"Now Caleb, now Faith, now Veronica, see here!
My frustration is now becoming severe!
Nothing is working, and you're all in my way
This is turning out to be quite a crappy day."


So a break we all took, from the chaos and mess,
To tuck the kiddies in, and get away from the stress.
Then I quietly snuck in to finish the job,
As my head, from the stress, was beginning to throb.





And then, in a twinkling, I looked at what was done,
And the stress seemed to melt, the chaos seemed undone.
For before my eyes, a warm Christmas scene,
Just me and the decor, nothing between.





I sprang to grab the camera, to capture this feeling,
That this time of year provides: Comfort and healing.
Well worth it I think to myself with a sigh
"Merry to Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"








4 comments:

Kara Graves said...

everything is so warm and cozy Christmas there! You did a great job, and amazing job with the Night Before Christmas rendition!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Veronica,
Funny how memories are made from crazy days like the one you described. Time flies too quickly, and little kids become meanagers, oops teenagers before you know it. Trust me I have had experience in this area!
You have a very warm and inviting home. I like the paint color in your family room. It creates a nice backdrop for your leather pieces. Love the sign overhead; it’s a good philosophy to live by. I’ve had a fun visit.

Just Add Walter said...

too funny... love your decorations!!!

Lucy Marie said...

What a cute poem. I imagine those crazy days will come to me someday in the future. Your home looks gorgeous! So cozy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails