3.12.2009

CHANGES

First of all, I would like to wish my little princess, Faith, a HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!



I know it's cliche, but I can't believe that Faith is 3 already. Last night, I asked Faith if she was excited to have a birthday today and she said "Mommy, are you sad for me to grow up?" I said "Yeah, baby. I want you to stay my little princess forever." And my precious girl replied "Okay Mommy, in just a minute. I'll be your little princess in a minute." Heartbreaking, yet I'm so thrilled to see what the next three years are like.

Life has changed so much over the last three years. Forget three years, the last three months have been a whirlwind of change! He's the abbreviated version:

*For those of you that don't know, we had a flood in our kitchen at the beginning of February, which led to my kitchen being torn apart. I haven't had a running sink or dishwasher for over a month now. Needless to say, it sucks. Thankfully, the ball is finally rolling in the right direction. The adjuster came to the house Tuesday, so we should know more soon. But it does mean that I get to repaint (and possibly pick out new cupboards and counters) as well as Caleb's room. =]

*At the beginning of the year, I had some MAJOR financial burdens that came back to bite me (And my parents) in the butt! I nearly suffered a nervous breakdown, but thank the Lord for my patient husband, forgiving parents, and prayers from friends and the church for helping me through it. It's not all worked out yet, but now that I have to face it, it's getting sorted out.

*We placed membership at Rochester Church of Christ (finally!). I love that are family is in a place again to be involved in a community of believers, and we're so excited to get our kids involved...we're loving it already! And we needed the accountability that comes with being members at a church, otherwise we tend to fade into the background.

Lots of change can really interrupt life and turn it on its head. I've silently battled mild depression the last few months because of some of these changes, but I now beginning to see what blessings they've turned out to be in the long run. Other than family, the only thing keeping me running was knowing that God had a bigger purpose for me. I was learning to give things up and not try to control every situation by myself, and I'm so thankful for the hard lesson I've learned. Hopefully, I won't soon forget it.

1 comment:

Melissa Burcham said...

Happy Birthday Faith! Can't wait for the party tomorrow. So sorry to hear about all of your "headaches" over the last few months. God is good and He will provide (I'm learning that one myself too). See you tomorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails