5.16.2010

Sunday's Getting to Know You

I'd first like to apologize for all the blog slacking that has been happening. I can't find enough time in my day. But for all of those who love all the random bits of information I always seem to be sharing, then read on for Sunday's Getting to Know You


The questions..

1. The most expensive thing hanging in my closet is.....?
I can honestly say that nothing in my closet would classify as 'expensive'....I rarely pay full price for anything. I have an old banquet dress that my mom bought me for a few hundred dollars, that might be the most expensive thing in there. 

2. Have you ever played a team sport?
I played basketball in middle school. I would have continued through high school but I missed try-outs to take drivers ed. I was also a cheerleader in middle school.

3. If you were a bug, what kind would you be?
Is there a bug that is NOT ugly and NOT a nuisance? Yeah, I'd be that one!

4. Where on your body is the worst place to get sunburned? (thanks Ian)
Honestly? Chest. NOT FUN. I mean, uh....I've heard.

5. Are you happy?
I'm getting there. Not because my life is getting better (or that it's not great already) but because my definition of happy is changing, and that's a great feeling.

6. People are always abbreviating..are there any abbreviations that make your skin crawl when people use them?
I hate when people abbreviate 'probably' to 'prolly'  - what is that?!? Two letters is not going to change your life, people!

7. Do you love where you live..or could you live anywhere?
I am one of those people that could probably live anywhere if the right people were around me, but I can honestly say I DO NOT love where I live right now. Just our house and neighborhood. I love Rochester, Michigan - which is where my actual life takes place (church, work, gym, pretty much everything else I do) but I don't really like living in Pontiac. Lesson learned about buying my first home.

8. What, if any, extreme measures do you go to to keep yourself from overeating when you're full?
I have a few tricks that are new for me: 1. I always drink lots of water while waiting for my meal. It makes me feel fuller and I tend to eat less. 2. If I know that I've eaten enough but still feel hungry, I'll get up and do something else for a few minutes. Within 5-10 minutes, after the food settles, I usually don't feel as hungry. 3. Ask for a TO-GO box BEFORE you dig in....and put half of it away for later. 4. Remind myself how good it feels to be losing weight - it's amazing how that motivates me to stop eating when I should! =]

3 comments:

Lourie said...

Most expensive thing in my closet: my wedding dress

I played church softball

ick who'd want to be a bug??

hahaha...I love where I live. I am usually happy...but I have my moments. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy to see you are back :) I did my first gtky today!

gv said...

I'm with you on #1...if it was at my house though, I'd say my wedding dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails