9.10.2009

The 'Real' First Day

I was totally excited and anxious about my first day of teaching preschool. But what made me even more anxious/excited/sentimental was Faith's first day of preschool, which was yesterday. I can't believe my baby girl is in school!

Last week, I was having a conversation with her and said, "Faith, I can't believe what a big girl you are...it makes mommy happy and sad at the same time to see you going to school. I might cry on your first day of school." She looked at me like a know-it-all-teenager and said, "Moooomm, you're gonna be my teacher!" (It came out very you're gonna be there all day so chill out kinda way) LOL

What a big girl, with her big 'cheese' smile. *sigh*

Faith did pretty well. She did push the envelope a little to see what she could get away with having mommy as her teacher, but luckily I have some great assistants who take over so I don't have to discipline her. She played great though and by the end of the day had made a bunch of new friends! It's fun to have her around for my first year, because I can bounce ideas off of her to see if they'll work in the class or not. When I'm learning new songs or fingerplays, she's learning them with me. My heart swells with love for this girl. =]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails