9.09.2009

Slowly but surely

I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat wondering what's been going on in my life...

Or not. Whatever.

Either way, let me just say that the last two weeks have been an adjustment, to say the least. I was not kidding in my last post when I said it was the calm before the storm. The storm has come and has not yet past. Preparing to teach my first year of preschool has proved to be a bigger task than I expected, planning wise. It's just glorified babysitting right? Well, when my OCD kicks in, it goes straight to 5th gear....and I want everything to be perfect and perfectly planned. Centers, carpet time, songs, calendars, games, music, schedule...you name it, I've tried to plan it. Turns out, I didn't plan everything.

The first day of preschool was a success, even if it didn't go exactly the way I planned it. My classes are great, my kids are adorable, my assistants are amazing - I think it's going to be a fun year! My body is still adjusting to waking up before the sun to get three people ready, so I've been having a tough time, but I think it will be worth it. Getting in a set schedule has always been good for me, even if I resist it: It's just always helped me balance. I tend to slack off and be lazy if I don't have anything pushing me to get going.




And speaking of push, I'm sure you'd also like an update on my weight loss journey since I haven't updated that in two weeks either. Well, needless to say, my vigorous exercising routine took a back seat over the last two weeks of planning stress, but it has not stopped! I will give you a full update next Wednesday (hopefully), but I've lost a total of 10lbs! =] I still feel the same and feel like I need to push myself a little harder, but I'm taking it a day at a time. I've been trying to make better choices, not eating late, making sure to eat breakfast, etc. Just being smarter about the way I eat, and my life in general. I will NOT give up until I feel comfortable in my own skin again.

Slowly but surely, things/routines/plans are finding their place in my life. There's so much to squeeze in to one blog post, but I have work to do, so we'll just have to save it for another day!

1 comment:

Clarice said...

Assess and adapt, assess and adapt. This second part was one of the most difficult things for me to learn my first year of teaching. All the planning in the world can't predict the minds of all your students. I hope you enjoy yourself. Good luck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails