6.17.2009

A new tradition

Today, I scrapbooked my first ever mini-album.

It sounds nerdy, but I'm totally geeked! =] I've actually decided I am going to start this tradition for my kids: I am going to make a mini album for each year. This idea came to me because I had taken a bunch of photos of Faith when she turned 3, and I wanted to keep them all together. Rather than try to fit them all on one layout, I thought a mini-album was a perfect idea! It also gave me a chance to record all the things I love about Faith at this age. I've already started the tradition of writing my kids a letter on their birthday every year, but wasn't sure where I was going to host them. I had also bought some decorative file folders on sale at Target awhile ago knowing they would be great for something, I just wasn't sure what...well, what a great solution to all my scrapbooking dilemmas! Hope you enjoy:


The cover...I love the angel wing


I little snippet for Faith, and her handprints to remember her precious little hands


Silly stories about Faith (most of them featured on my blog)


My favorite things about Faith @ 3


According to Faith: I asked Faith what her favorite things were, and these were the answers she gave me.


This I pray: A little pocket book of hopes, wishes, and prayers I have for Faith now and in the future.


Letters of Love: A birthday note from Mommy and Daddy


Each side of the page folds down to reveal the letters we wrote! =]


I can't wait to order Caleb's photos so I can make his album!!! =]



5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

What a great idea! I've decided to stick to mini-albums and stuff as well because I just cannot keep up with scrapbooking everything. And, if I'm having this problem NOW I don't even want to think about what it will be like when I have little ones to document!

Have you ever seen those chipboard accordion albums that they sell at Michael's? They would be perfect for a small album like that.

Kara Miller said...

Oh wow! Beautiful job! They will looking at them when they are older.

Tamara said...

That is so great! I want to see it in person so that I can read all of the things she said. What a treasured item that will be!!

K Shields said...

Veronica. You ROCK!!! I love how much you put into your kids and your family. You are such a great mommy and wife. I'm very proud of you! Great idea.

Caley said...

Vee - what an awesome idea! Your kids will certainly treasure those memories! What a great mom you are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails