8.10.2011

9 months

I'm thankful to report that I made it through most of today without thinking about the fact that it's been 9 months since I saw you last. I woke up and decided I was gonna try not to complain about my life for one day. And you know what? It was a pretty decent day. It helped that we visited with friends and went swimming and enjoyed the sunshine. It also helped that I get to look at this face all day: 






I'm trying so hard to see what I have and not what I'm missing. I'm trying hard to look forward to tomorrow instead of dwelling on yesterday. It's a minute-by-minute game. Sometimes, I'm able to forget and let joy seep in and take a few points. Other times, grief sneaks in from nowhere and scores against me. 


I miss you baby. Just want you to know you mean the world to me and I can't thank you enough to choosing me. Thank you for loving me.


I love you with all that I am.


P.S. I came across this t-shirt the other day while shopping and smiled. My first thought was 'I need to take a picture of that to send to Jer.' So, I did. 







-from "Blessing for Mothers" - the last gift I received from my brother before he died

DAY 5: Christlike
"God sends children to enlarge our hearts, and make us unselfish and full of kindly sympathies and affections" - MARY HOWITT
Not only does God fill us with so much love for our children it seems our hearts cannot contain it, but He also uses our kids to help us be selfless, sympathetic, and kind. In other words, more Christlike.
"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people" - VICTOR BORGE
Is there distance between you and your children? Has life become too serious? If so grab a book of corny jokes or rent a video of Christian comedians and let loose with some laughter. It's time to laugh.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

heart breaking...

carter is so big...and handsome.



peace and strength
hugs...

Unknown said...

its amazing how much Carter looks like Caleb. Just awesome,

Desi said...

He is such a cutie, love that first pic! And I love that the shirt made you think of Jer, and that you took the pic for him... I'm sure he's always watching down on you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails