5.11.2009

Mother's Day

It's been awhile since I've updated. Mostly because the same ol' stuff is happening. We've been working crazy around the house, I've been trying to get organized (with little success, mind you), and Jer has been working a lot. I did manage to squeeze in some girlfriend time on Friday night with my old roomies: Teresa, Natalie, and Becky. It was a great 'roomie-union' and we had a lot of fun catching up. I haven't had a night out in awhile, so it was nice. I hope we do again soon.

Yesterday, I had the perfect Mother's day. I spent all day Saturday cleaning like a mad woman, trying to get stuff done so that I wouldn't have to do much on Mother's day except relax, and that's pretty much what I did, it was wonderful. I did, however, have to get up very early (6am) to get myself and the kids ready for church early for praise team practice. Jeremy led worship (and did a wonderful job) and I sang Soprano. Service was awesome, such a great way to tribute mothers and dedicate all the babies in the congregation. I, of course, teared up in both services.
My parents came to second service, which was very special to me (they don't regularly attend church anymore) so my heart was full to see them there to celebrate mother's day with me and to see Jeremy lead.

After church, we came home, put the kids down for a nap, and Jeremy made me lunch (ham sandwhiches and pickles - I know, we're fancy!) and we enjoyed our quiet time together, catching up on The Office. When the kids woke up, we dedicated some time to just enjoying them, playing/wrestling/tickling/laughing with them and savor being parents. They are, after all, the reason I am a mother. We had a yummy dinner, got the kids in bed, and put up another layer of mud in the kitchen (which was the only real work I did all day - but I didn't mind, cause I'm so anxious to get our kitchen finished!). Then we layed in bed and watched a few more episodes of The Office. It was the perfect day. I slept well with a full heart. =]

2 comments:

Kara Miller said...

Mother's day is awesome. It was special too getting to dedicate Derek at church. Children are such a blessing and I try my best to always remember that! ...praying that kitchen is back to normal soon!!!

Kara Graves said...

I am so glad you had a good Mother's Day! It was an early and long morning for you so I am glad you got some rest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails