11.06.2010

A letter to Peanut

My dear sweet Carter,

It's hard to believe that my third trimester has already arrived. I'm terrified that we're not prepared for you, and yet more ready than ever to see your beautiful face. I can't wait to hold you. One thing I've learned about being a mother is that when my children are away from me for any period of time, I ache to hold them. And I'm already aching to hold you.

However, I'm enjoying these moments while they last, since I know they will be my last. You have really started moving lately, and I have to say it's something that will NEVER get old. Not in the middle of the night, not ever. It's the most incredible thing about being pregnant and I could just sit and feel you all day. Which is what Daddy and I do almost every night. We sit and watch you move and shake my belly before bed. Sometimes I'm afraid to move to put my hand on my belly in fear that you'll stop. Which is why your brother and sister haven't felt you yet (and the fact that they're too impatient to hold still and wait for it).

The thing that has been filling my mind and heart lately is how much you will be loved by your big brother and sister. They are so excited to meet you! They're already fighting over who's gonna to hold you and feed you. They pray for you every day, they include you in the family photos they draw, the words they know how to spell - you are already present and precious in their lives. What a lucky little guy you are to have these angels in your life already protecting you.

Speaking of angels, I must also mention what a blessing your Daddy is as well. Other than feeling life inside me, by far the coolest thing about being pregnant is sharing the experience with him. He's such a support, and he already loves you more than words. He takes such good care of me, I'd never be able to do this without him. He has big plans for you, buddy. Watch him carefully, and he will show you what it means to be a man of God who loves his family fiercely.

The fear of the unknown is still present. We still haven't even agreed on where we're going to put you! But now it seems as though you've always been a part of our family, I just couldn't imagine it any other way. I can't wait to welcome you to the world, baby boy.

I love you, Carter.

Mommy
















7 comments:

Charlene said...

This is so incredibly special - almost brought tears to my eyes! When I was pregnant with my daughter I kept a diary of sorts which I still look back at. But now, I wish I had done it letter style as you have done. She's 10 now but maybe not too late to start! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! I just started one of these for my girls, but every time I go to publish it, I think of something else I want to say. I suppose that's not a bad thing, but at some point I'm going to have to cut it off! Otherwise I'll have the longest post ever. I love reading these though. They're precious!

The Lovely One said...

So sweet! I wish I had taken the time to write letters like this when I was pregnant! Cherish them always!

gv said...

Very sweet!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

This is soo sweet! I'm a little ways behind you (21 weeks) with # 2. You look fabulous!

Kirsten Alana said...

Veronica, I just saw something about Jeremy on facebook ... being gone.

I am speechless. I know we aren't even friends on FB and haven't talked that much over the years. But my heart is breaking for you and I had to let you know that you are in my prayers. I don't pray much these days, but today I am praying for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

tiffany said...

This is so incredibly cute!! I love the baby bump. I agree too, feeling the babes move is by far the coolest experience ever.

(Secret- unannounced on my blog right now... Miss P is going to be a big sister too - she's so excited!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails