7.09.2009

Officially unofficial

I'm not sure when this becomes 'official' but I think it's safe to finally announce to the blog world:

I got a new job!!!!

Not just any job, a job as a preschool teacher! I will still work @ East Side my two evenings a week, since this preschool position is only part-time, but I'm so thrilled! What's even more thrilling is that this job totally came to me. I've been trying to find a way to earn more money without having to leave East Side, cause I really do love it there, but things weren't looking good. The new preschool position is perfect. It's part-time, it's extra money, it's related to my degree, and Faith will be in my class! That's right, I will be heading up the three year old class. I haven't got all the details ironed out, cause the school is in the process of ownership change and still doing all the licensing/etc.

When this job was first brought to my attention, I immediately set it aside and said 'No thanks.' I wasn't interested in teaching at this point in my life because I wanted to be able to stay home with my kids. I always assumed I would get back into teaching when my kids started going to school themselves. When I was approached again with what this job really entails, I was totally excited! I love teaching and am so excited to finally have to chance to do it! Isn't God incredible like that?

I'm a little anxious/nervous because I've been away from the teaching world for awhile now, I'm afraid I might forget how to do it. But I'm blessed to work with some really great people and I'm anxious to learn as I go. I don't think it's all really hit me yet, cause I don't really start teaching till the end of August, but I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be scrambling to get everything together!

2 comments:

Burcham Family said...

That's awesome! Enjoy this new adventure!

Kara Graves said...

congratulations, you are going to be the best teacher for those three year olds, they will love you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails