10.01.2010

Halfway there...


It’s hard to believe that 20 weeks have already gone by. It has flown by. Maybe cause the news still seems to be sinking in.

I’m okay with that, though. It’s the last half I really want to savor.

Everything’s going great. I’m extremely tired still, but that’s mostly because of how much I’ve been working. Do what I gotta do.

Carter’s movements have really been getting stronger and more consistent this week. I’m feeling him move and roll. If there were ever a sensation that would NEVER grow old, that would be it. I can’t wait till he starts kicking hard enough for the hubs and the kiddos to feel. I think the kids are gonna freak out!
I love that Carter has become a member of our family already. He’s part of the kid’s prayers, and he’s in every family drawing they’ve made since they found out the news. Faith gives my belly Eskimo and Butterfly kisses every night, and Caleb gives my bellybutton a huge, hard kiss before saying good night to his little brother. This little guy is one lucky dude, so many people who already love him so much.
Faith asked me tonight when I was gonna start breaking the house. When I asked her what she meant, she replied “Well, you keep getting bigger!”

Well, great.

All in all, I can’t complain. Doctor seems to think everything is going good so far. I WILL start soliciting prayers, however, for Carter to come on his own. That is my only chance for a vaginal delivery, which I am desperate to have. I’m doing as many kegel exercises as I can, and I will start some of my stretches very soon. They won’t induce me since I’ve had 2 C-Sections, and they won’t let me go too far past my due date, since I had gestational diabetes with Faith, so this guy needs to be punctual! The more prayers, the merrier!

13 comments:

Losing Brownies said...

Best of luck! I had the boy by c-section and really hope to have a vaginal with the next one!

Allyson & Jere said...

"When will you break the house?" That is hilarious!

I will so be sending best wishes and good thoughts your way for your wish of a vaginal delivery!! I HOPE you get to experience it.

Glad everything is going well. You're looking great. LOVE the postcard pic showing your progression. AWESOME!

Amy said...

Half way! The rest will fly by. =)

My first was vaginal, then csection, and my third I wanted a vbac so bad! but ended up with another csection. i was just so happy for her to get here and she was okay (they thought there might be a problem) that i didn't even care. so, i hope you get your vbac but even if you don't, i'm sure you'll be so happy to meet him you won't even care! =)

Amanda said...

Aw, you look great! :) Good luck with the VBAC, how cool that you are trying for one...that was a non-negotiable with Noah because of my slew of problems with the first two. Hooray for sweet Carter!

Gig Girl said...

Good thoughts on a prompt delivery! I'm at 32 weeks myself so I can truly relate to the beauty found in prenatal punctuality! :)
Stopping by from SITS!

Lucy Marie said...

time sure flies! your belly looks great - it will take more than that to break the house :)

I'll be praying for you that you are able to have the birth experience that you desire. I know how important that can be to a woman. Drink raspberry leaf tea when you get close to the end ... it might help?

gv said...

How exciting!!! I can't believe it's halfway already. 40 weeks seems like so long but it seems to go so fast for all my friends that are prego. Good luck with the last half!

Seeker said...

Oh you look so great, dear!!!!
I wish you the best luck!!

Thank you so much from dropping by my blog from SITS and left a note.

Keep in touch if you feel like it :)

Take care and all the best
xoxo

"FAITH" said...

Vee I wish you the best and hope things go well. Sounds like you are blessed with one great Family. I love the Break the house comment, Priceless : )

Kolein said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I haven't been "playing" here for the summer...and oH mY GoSh!!! you are prego!!!!!

Congratulations!!! How wonderful and glorious and you look amazing and so beautiful!! (the belly portion!! hee!)

xoxo
~Kolein

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

Hoping you get your vbac! stopping by from the SITS forum :) and following you now

Shelby Bukhenik said...

Your children are beautiful and that baby belly is so cute!!

I had 2 c sections and if you want a vaginal delivery I will for sure pray for baby Carter to show himself on his own doing!

Kristin said...

For some reason my reader doesn't get your updates, but I happened to look and saw that you are pregnant :) I am 35 1/2 weeks and will send good thoughts your way. I'm always a later person myself, but my first two came right on their due dates, so I'll send some punctuality and extra good thoughts your way. Good Luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails