10.04.2010

Kids say the darndest things...

Ah....
I love when I get enough material for another post about the hilarious things my kids say!

source

1. I've already told this story once, but it's worth sharing again. Faith asked me when I was gonna start breaking the house. When I asked her what she meant, she said "Well, you keep getting bigger!" (Referring to my growing belly, just to clarify)

2. Faith heard a plane outside the house and peeked out the front window to check it out. Since it was dark, she also noticed some spotlights moving around (probably for haunted houses in the area), and at first said "Mommy, I think there's more lights." After a few seconds of watching, she started breathing heavy and freaking out. She ran out of the room screaming "Mommy, I think I'm scared!" After looking out with her and explaining what the lights were, she told me she thought they were monster lights. Poor thing. She's scared of everything.

3. Bless their hearts, they listen to every word I say. And I'll be first to admit that I'm not perfect, so once in awhile, they'll hear me say 'stupid' or 'I hate this...', and 'freakin'. Now, I wish I could claim that I started this phrase, but it really stops me in my tracks: Caleb has started telling me "Mommy, Jesus doesn't like when we say that." Thanks buddy. You're absolutely right.

4. At church this week, I handed Caleb a dollar and said "Here ya go bubba, this is for you to give to God." to which Caleb replied, "But where's God?" I tried to explain that God is everywhere and that He can see us but we can't see him, and that God lives in his heart. "Where is my heart?" little curious George insisted. I pointed to the middle of his chest right before he started lifting up his shirt in the middle of service to LOOK for it, and God!
If that wasn't cute enough, at the admonition song, I let Caleb stand on the pew in front of me, and I was tapping to the beat on his chest while singing. Caleb started getting really upset, turned around and shouted at me, "Mommy, don't hurt God!" =]

Never a dull moment with children, right?



7 comments:

Kara Graves said...

hahaha, oh how I love your kids!

gv said...

This post really made me LOL. Your kids sound great!

*Nikki* said...

how funny ! i am a preschool teacher and i keep telling myself i need to start a journal at school of all the stuff they say!

Colleen said...

You'll be glad to have these written down when they get older. Mine are 17 and 13 and it goes fast. By the way I LOVE your fetus widget. That's the cutest thing ever!

Losing Brownies said...

Kids are the best! I love the things they say!

Lin said...

That's so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love the things kids say! This post made me laugh and it's been one rough day for me so I appreciate that! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails