10.30.2010

Homemade Halloween

Every year for Halloween, I have great intentions of making the kid's costumes. I just never get around to actually doing it.

This year, I finally did!

For Caleb, I knew instantly what I was going to make: Lightning McQueen. I've never seen any kid so obsessed with any one thing as much as my child is about the movie 'Cars'. It's borderline ridiculous. But I saw a homemade costume last year that I didn't have time to make:


This costumes wasn't too difficult to make. I made it on a smaller scale. The only real pain was that I left the logo part of the box on the outside like a big doofus, so it took a lot of paint to cover over! It took me about 20 minutes to cut out and tape together, the painting was a little time consuming and finding the logos online to print and glue took a bit too, but it turned out so cute!





So cute, right?

Now Faith's costume was a little more time consuming then I thought, but not by much. Luckily, a sweet friend of mine who is a MUCH better seamstress than me helped with the design. If I had done it all myself, it would have looked much more ghetto. Painting I can do. Sewing, notsomuch. Anyway, One pink shirt, a pair of brown tights, and some felt later, I had myself a beautiful little cupcake.

Faith got it in her head somewhere that she wanted to be a cupcake for Halloween. So we looked up some homemade cupcake costumes, and she picked out the one she liked best (and she was quite picky about them). She definitely chose the cutest one though:



Mine isn't nearly as fancy, but I think it turned out pretty cute! Faith approved anyway!





Again, not very fancy, but I am still proud! And I didn't have a sewing machine, so Faith's costume was hand stitched with a lot of hot glue!

I feel so accomplished, I think I will definitely try to make costumes next year too!



4 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cute! If they are happy, we are happy, huh? And they could care less if it's put together with thread or glue!

My kids wanted to be frogs this year so I had to make them from scratch. I don't sew at all! So I had to make them with hot glue. They kids loved them though, so I was thrilled!

Allyson & Jere said...

I am MOST impressed with you and your costume making. This is FAR greater than anything I could ever accomplish. They both look ADORABLE!

gv said...

Awesome job Vee!!! I love them both.

Nesser said...

What cute costumes! So So So Cute! Your kiddos are so lucky to have a great mother like you! =D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails