3.24.2011

A Broken Hallelujah


Ironically, after posting about wanting to write more, I feel compelled to leave someone else's words today.

This song had actually been sent to me by several different people. I couldn't listen to it for awhile because I wasn't even ready to offer God a Hallelujah, even a broken one. This weekend, though, these words came to life for me:

With my love and my sadness
I come before You Lord
My heart’s in a thousand pieces
Maybe even more

Yet I trust in this moment
You’re with me somehow
And You’ve always been faithful
So Lord even now

When all that I can sing
Is a broken hallelujah
When my only offering
Is shattered praise

Still a song of adoration
Will rise up from these ruins
I will worship You and give You thanks
Even when my only praise
Is a broken hallelujah

Oh Father, You have given
Much more than I deserve
And I have felt Your hand of blessing
On me at every turn

How could I doubt Your goodness
Your wisdom, Your grace
So Lord hear my heart
In this painful place

Hallelujah
I lift my voice
Your Spirit moves
I raise my hands
I reach for You


A Broken Hallelujah - Madisa


4 comments:

megan said...

Nice. Thanks V.

white collar | green soul said...

Beautiful song.

The Better Baker said...

Oh how precious and perfect! Just for you now...may you wrap your heart around these blessed thoughts...blessings abundant be yours! XO

Joannah said...

Beautiful lyrics. God loves a sacrifice of praise. He understands how hard it is for us when we're hurting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails