10.24.2009

I'm a big kid now

First of all, thank you for everyone who offered up prayers for my brother. I found out yesterday that because he broke his probation, he was put in jail. I don't know yet the amount of time but just pray that everything works out.

On a lighter note, I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of Caleb's room. My poor little man lived the first year of his life in a pink room with his sister. When we bought our first house, I was determined to give him his own room. While he got his own room, the hubs and I never really came to an agreement about how to decorate it. I wanted trucks & transportation, he wanted outdoors...Caleb settled the agreement for us. His obsession with the movie 'Cars' kinda spoke for itself and it was slowly creeping into the interior design of his room, so I went with it.

I love that Caleb loves 'Cars', but I was not a fan of overtly Disney decoration. I didn't want it to be something hard to transform if he grew out of it, and I wanted it to match the already painted blue and brown room. Let's see the before:

Before: We love the colors on the wall, but poor Caleb never really had any coordinating anything in his room...


His crib...and bland decorations



Now: Still a work-in-progress, and please excuse the ripped off paint on the wall (from water damage and I just haven't painted over it yet). But the dude's room now consists of a big boy bed, cute curtains that managed to match perfectly with the walls, his blanket he got for Christmas from friends.


The real craftiness of the room: the canvases I painted to match the curtains. I love that they were still 'Cars' but were artsy and matched the room. And I found the design at Walmart, of all places! They aren't as big as I wanted them to be, but they're still cute!


Mater, Lightning McQueen, and Doc.

I can't wait to finish it! And someday soon, the Dude will have an actual big boy bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with those canvases. His room is looking great. I will keep your brother in my prayers... I know how frustrating/ heartbreaking/ disappointing/ sad (I can go on) it can be to have a sibling dealing with things like that. Stay strong!

Kara Graves said...

those canvases are awesome! you are so talented

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails