4.13.2009

Fantastically busy

This weekend was packed full for me, in a good way. Let's start with Thursday...

Thursday started with me pricing furniture and ended with me getting an AMAZING deal on a leather furniture set. It's very bitter sweet, considering we've been penny pinching like crazy lately, but I couldn't pass it up it's something I've wanted since I've been married (maybe even longer) and it should last me a really long time! I've never owned a matching set of any furniture cause I could never afford it.


Also note the start of a 'family wall' with a quote I found at Joann's with the picture I got from Jeremy for Christmas - love it.


I also became an aunt again on Thursday!!!! Brennen Tate McIntee was born 10lbs. 4oz. 24 1/2 inches - practically a man already! I'm so proud of April, she's superwoman in my book, and I can't wait to meet my new nephew!

Friday was a busy day for me. I got up early so I could drive to Troy to see my amazing hair stylist and friend, John for a haircut/color. I got there around noon....ended up staying there til 5:00!! But my cut is super cute (as usual) and even though I tried to get purple highlights in my hair that didn't turn out, the color is still really cute. Well, we had guests coming over at 7:00, so I wanted to rush home, finish cleaning, etc. I drove past a Tattoo place, and on a whim (ok, maybe not a whim, cause I had also been thinking about doing it for a long time) and asked how long it would take to get my nose pierced....I think I was in and out in 6 minutes!!! LOL Anyway, I love it and no one has really noticed or thought I already had it, which means it doesn't stick out too much. =] And it doesn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. I couldn't get a decent picture to post, so I'll try again some other time.

Friday night was great with friends, rehearsing for Easter service. Jeremy and I have really appreciated spending time with friends lately, we're so blessed to be making good friends our age in the same life stage as us. It ended up being a very late night, and we got up bright and early for the Easter Pancake Breakfast @ Rochester. Then, I worked Saturday night til 1am, was up at 5:45 to get myself and the fam ready for church and get there early for sound check and run-through, and participated in an AMAZING easter service that moved me in profound ways. (And as a side, my hubby is amazing too, and I have an even bigger crush on him after hearing him sing today).


I've been staring at this picture of Caleb all day - it just makes my heart smile.


My little princess in her easter dress from Nana.

Thankfully, I got to take a huge nap today and relax this evening with my unbelievably adorable kids. Watched some Friends, snuggled with the hubby.....the perfect way to end a perfect weekend. I am ridiculously blessed. =]


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails