10.26.2011

you were JUST here




I don't know how to explain this place I feel like I'm in. This place of disconnect, like I made up this whole chapter of my life in my head. I'm getting so used to this day to day as my new normal, that I sometimes feel like you were just a dream...

But then this evening I go downstairs to put stuff in the kids 'keeper' bins, and I come across these notes from you - I can't remember now the exact reason you wrote them, I think it was just a random day you wanted to do something sweet. But I saw your handwriting and you rushed back to reality for me - so quickly that it made me shake and cry uncontrollably, which I hadn't done in awhile. I realized....you were JUST here. 

I miss you babe. Thank you for the love you poured onto us.
I love you always and forever.



6 comments:

ty said...

What wonderful notes :)

megan said...

I have those too - where our life together seems like it was a dream.
MAN I love it when they find a way to leave those notes.
ANd, thank you for the song you posted yesterday, Vee. I needed that last verse.

Unknown said...

those are so keepers. More men (and women) should do this!

Glenda said...

I love handwritten notes. <3
Definitely keepers!

Jo Julia said...

i have those moments too- when it all comes rushing back- wait, it wasn't a dream. that was my life...so hard isn't it...but as you say- we can get through today. funny, i was just in louisiana as well...

Desi said...

So glad you have these to remember Jer, to remember his handwriting - a part of him - and to remember how much he loved those kiddos and you! What a great find that I know you'll cherish forever.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails