7.24.2011

Seriously?

I am serious need of some furvent prayers tonight. My brother Brian is on full life support right now after being found at the bottom of a lake. He was in the water at least 20 minutes and obviously had no signs of life when rushed to the hospital. We fear drugs are involved. Things are not looking good but he is on hypotherapy to keep his body cold and preserve any sort of brain activity he might have left for 24 hours. If he survives the night, they'll try to warm him up in the afternoon but we've already been warned that it doesn't usually go well with someone in his codition. There is severe damage to his lungs and brain. I'm at a complete loss right now. Please pray for my family, especially my parents. And for Brian's 4 year old son and his mom. I feel so helpless right now.

What is happening babe? The worst feeling in my gut reliving a lot of deja vu today - but enough is enough. I want to sit and hold Brian's hand forever I don't want to leave him to die alone like you did. His skin feels foreign and it doesn't fit the 26 year old strong tanned and muscular brother laying lifeless before me. I'm scared for my family cause I know the ripple effect death has, the daily agony is causes. And knowing that neither myself nor anyone else can do anything to fix it hurts most.

Could you put a good word in for us tonight babe? We're not ready to give up on Brian yet. It's terrible timing I think and we're still hurting. I can't do this again and I can't watch my family go through it either.

I miss you baby. I need you here with me to cry with me and hold me, make me believe things could be okay.
I love you forever and always


26 comments:

Kim said...

I saw this on Mindy's Facebook and I'm praying for you and your family. You're on our prayer list at church and I'll update them tomorrow as my sister (Allison Hughes) and Jason are in Ohio this weekend. I passed it on to a few others as well. We are praying and hope for peace and healing for your family.

Kristin said...

I am so sorry to hear this! My prayers are with you and your family. May God and all His angels watch over your brother, may you all feel His love.

redtail said...

Oh Vee! Here's one random stranger from the internets praying for you and your family tonight. Not much of a prayer usually so I hope the big guy forgives me if I do it wonky...

Alicia said...

praying!

Vanessa said...

I have been following your story but never commented. I'm very inspired by your strength! I'm so sorry about your brother! I will keep him and your family in my prayers! I hope you feel the comfort of the Lord! Best wishes!!!

Christine said...

Prayers said. What awful news, I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through all of this.

Anonymous said...

I read your blog and my heart absolutely breaks for you each time I read it. I am so sorry to hear the terrible news! My prayers and thoughts are with you and your entire family. I hope your brother beats all the odds that may be against him!
Samantha

trininista said...

I am so so sorry Vee. I am praying for Brian this morning!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending prayers your way ! My heart is breaking for you and your family ! Just stay positive.

Wanda said...

I am praying for your brother and all of his family today, including you and yours. God be with you all.

Jessi said...

Praying for your family :(

Amy said...

I'm so sorry V, I''ll be sending a lot of prayers his way.

Angie said...

I'm so sorry, Vee. Praying for Brian and your family.

agata said...

.... I want to cry for you. Words fail me and I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now.
Your and your family are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Praying and crying for you! So sorry :(

megan said...

good lord vee. Sweetheart. Jesus.

Katie said...

There are no words. . . just lots and lots of prayers.

gv said...

Big prayers going up and I'm sure Jer is watching over him right now. Hugs and prayers Vee!

The Domestic Engineer said...

I read this last night, and have been thinking of you all day. I'll be praying. This is just not fair at all...

Cyndi said...

I'm so sorry. Prayers for you.

Danielle_Wright said...

Dear God, please be with vee and her family. They have dealt with so much and need your strength and comfort to carry them and be their guide right now. Please send your love and wisdom to them and hold them close. amen.

Bree said...

Praying

Joannah said...

Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now and have wanted to comment so many times. I pray for your beautiful family daily and am sending up extra prayers tonight for your brother. God bless you all and I pray for peace and comfort during this difficult time for your entire family.

Julie from Canada

Anonymous said...

Praying...for you and your family.

Glenda said...

Praying...for you and your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails