8.17.2011

this day last year


I love this picture Sarah took of Caleb. I CANNOT believe how old he looks in this picture and it makes me a little sad when I think about how much bigger he is since the last time you saw him. But I love this picture because it looks SO much like you, it gives me chills. I know he looks like you but I just always saw Caleb. Not in this picture. I see you. Especially when I look at pictures of you as a kid:


Crazy. But I see you in his face now, not just when you were a kid. I see you looking out from his eyes. It's terribly heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

I was reading on my Facebook that on this day last year, we went on a date together and went Christmas shopping for the kids. I'm so so glad we decided to do that babe, you have no idea. I'm glad the kids have those gifts from you to treasure forever. I just watched the videos of them opening everything last night, and it broke my heart.

Just another day, missing you. Another day I am still stuck here.
I love you with all of me.



-from "Blessing for Mothers" - the last gift I received from my brother before he died
DAY 11: Matched Set
Have a mirror handy? Take a look and you will see the mother God chose for your child. Now have your child look in the mirror and tell her that she is seeing the image of the child God chose especially for you. It's a match made in heaven!

5 comments:

Glenda said...

so bittersweet! he is definitely his daddy's mini-me :)

hope you're having an OK day today!
peace & strength

kendra said...

God bless you Vee,all of those pics are amazing...this one of caleb is just..awesome!such a little cutie! =)

gv said...

They DO like so much alike! Hugs and prayers my friend!

megan said...

"this is the mother god chose for your child."

what a statement that is.

And, *

Jo Julia said...

i had noticed this before looking at the photos- it is quite a resemblance. it will be difficult and good at the same time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails